Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Word of the Week is REGRET.

Yesterday, May 2, 2009 was a very trying day for me and my family. My father, Donl Morse, died on Friday May 1, 2009 as a result of health complication. A man that I barely knew and had limited contact with was a great loss to me and my 6 other siblings. My father left me with a beautiful family, that is full of love and understanding. If I have not told you lately, Donnie, Cassandra, Lecia, Terika, Serita and Rynell, Corey, Chandria, Travis, Misty, Luke, Brittany and Shawn..I love you. To my dad, mom, all my aunts, uncles and extended family...do know that I love you with all of my heart. Glenn and Jenn and The Book Bank Foundation family, your support and drive for making a difference in other people's life has tremendously moved me. And those I call FRIEND, and you know who you are, thank you for being there during the good, bad and the ugly times in my life and encouraging me to pull through. Last but not least, thank you my darling Christofer for holding me down and being the man of God you were called to be and being a true inspiration and blessing in my life.

Reflection.
I look back on the last year and how many letters and cards my father wrote to me and I could only think...if I had only done more, or made a point to go visit him. I thought about my own selfish plight and realized that I never want to live with regret in my spirit again.

Double Impact. If that blow was not enough, hours later I was informed that my Aunt Juanita Brimmer died the same day as my father. So I had two great people who made a profound impact in my life die the same day. I sit here today, Sunday with only one lesson I learned from this, never again live life where there is regret. Treat each day that you live like it is your last one and love and enjoy the people who celebrate your life and not tolerate you but most importantly, "Never leave room for regret."

--Treasure

No comments:

Post a Comment